Saturday, May 16, 2009

How it Came About

"Pi5tol" is a cool name, however, not intended for this blog. My initial desire was to call it "ad lib," "ad victoriam," or "bene placito," or some other Latin phrase... To me, Latin always added a degree of eloquence and interest; each word served as a verbiage of the almighty Roman Empire, a culture and society that since my birth intrigued me. Yet the true meanings of these phrases are unknown to me, my definitions are only the interpretations of today's society, not of fellow Romans. Marcus Tullius Cicero, the famous Roman orator, might for that very reason be turning in his grave for today's common misinterpretations of his sayings. Maybe that's why "Pi5tol" is a better name for my blog? Pete Maravich is my favorite basketball player. His nickname "Pistol Pete" would be the true root of this blog's title. His miraculous dribbling and shooting skills were never managed to be replicated. Averaging 45 pts. per game gave him a rightful spot in the Hall of Fame. Nonetheless, this blog's concentration is not basketball. This blog concentrates on everything, as my interests vary from the quantum theory to Da Vinci's Mona Lisa. Just like the title resulted from pure randomness, the blog's topics are also not that similar and homogeneous.

No comments:

Post a Comment